The leading feline resource for small animal veterinarians
The ISFM’s Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery is one of the key benefits of membership and one of our proudest achievements to date. Published jointly with the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) by our publishing partner SAGE, it is the ultimate feline veterinary resource – aimed at all practitioners who see cats, together with researchers interested in driving feline medicine forwards.
JFMS is published monthly in two formats – our dedicated 'Clinical Practice' issues to assist with day-to-day clinical work, alternate with 'Classic' editions presenting high-quality original research relevant to clinical practice.
JFMS attracts readers and authors from around the world and boasts an impact factor of 1.219. It is ranked 43 out of 129 journals in the veterinary sciences category of the citation list, and its website, jfms.com, is viewed by over 280,000 people a year.
JFMS for practitioners
- Access on the go or at your leisure – Each issue is available as a single cover-to-cover PDF for download to a mobile device or desktop
- Full and searchable archive – Authoritative, practical, feline-focused information at your fingertips
- Themed issues – ‘Mini-manuals’ on feline neurology, lameness, oncology and infectious diseases
- Video clips – and other supplementary material online
- Guidelines articles – Feline-friendly handling, nursing care, feline environmental needs, use of NSAIDs, and more
JFMS for researchers
- A flexible, responsive and fast review process – On average a decision in less than 45 days from submission
- Rapid online publication – Within 20 working days of acceptance
- ‘JFMS Resident Best Paper Award’ – To recognize quality and excellence for early-career authors (http://www.uk.sagepub.com/jfms/award.sp)