Please see our current vacancies below
Digital Learning Developer
- Hours: Full-time, Mon – Fri, 9 am – 5 pm
- Line Manager: Head of Learning
We are delighted to advertise an exciting Digital Learning Developer role we wish to recruit at International Cat Care. We are a smart, flexible and forward-thinking charity that is internationally recognised for our commitment to the health and welfare of cats.
This role is designed to support the development of a portfolio of digital learning experiences aimed at a wide range of audiences. The role offers an opportunity to explore and implement innovative approaches and create impactful and engaging educational solutions.
We offer a competitive package of benefits and rewards including:
- Pension: 8% employer pension contribution
- Life insurance: 3 x salary life cover, employee assistance programme, and a range of health and welfare benefits
- Working hours: 35 hours per week
- Idyllic office location, free parking, fantastic team, and with additional opportunities for remote working.
Overview of the role
To contribute to the charity mission and vision by working closely with colleagues in the learning team and with feline subject experts across the International Cat Care Community, to develop new and engaging online learning opportunities. Developing new courses for a range of cat interested groups, via our online virtual learning environment (VLE) platform (D2L Brightspace), by providing both technical and learning design expertise. This role will also work to support students to successfully complete their learning. Build relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to design and deliver creative and high-quality online learning solutions.
Responsible for Course Development & Support which includes:
- Working with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to analyse learner groups and their needs
- Using internal project management processes and tools to deliver new learning solutions
- Review learning platform release notes and evaluate new features within the learning platform
- Maintaining and developing existing courses delivered via the Brightspace virtual learning environment and manage the course rollover process for new student cohorts
- Monitoring student progress, in order to support and communicate with students where needed
- Liaising and providing support to associate markers when marking student assessments
- Actively engage in the learning technology community to stay abreast of the latest research and developments in distance learning
- Supporting the Head of Learning to deliver the departmental objectives and operational plan
- Building and maintaining relationships with other departments (admin support, marketing, markers, finance etc) and liaise as needed for course development, delivery and marketing.
- Responsible for ensuring H&S safe working practice, reporting risks to H&S contacts.
- Ensuring data protection is maintained for all members, client and Company data liaising with Data Protection Manager (DPM) on any issues or concerns
Learning design qualification or relevant experience of developing online learning and assessments
|Experience of supporting learners, ideally in a distance learning context||✅|
|Experience of working with subject matter experts to develop and deliver distance learning||✅|
|Experience of administering learning management systems or virtual learning environments||✅|
|Appreciation of online learning and assessment design best practices||✅|
|Experience using content development tools (e.g. H5P, Articulate) and working knowledge of web development languages (e.g. HTML, CSS)||✅|
|High level of organisational skills||✅|
|Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to communicate effectively with people at different levels||✅|
|IT literate, with experience of MS Office, ideally with use of Mac operating system||✅|
|Ability to use a range of web platforms, or willingness to learn||✅|
|Ability to prioritise, multitask, and to achieve work to deadlines||✅|
|Ability to work independently on own initiative and also to contribute as part of a team||✅|
|Willingness and ability to be flexible||✅|
|Ability to get on well with a wide variety of people||✅|
|Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the ethos and values of the charity||✅|
|Must demonstrate tact, diplomacy and confidentiality in all aspects of the role||✅|
|Understanding of the veterinary and veterinary nursing field||✅|
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to:
- Patricia Hawkhead, HR Director email@example.com and
- Ceri Hitchings, Head of Learning firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday, 20th July