How does iCatCare help cats?
International Cat Care is a different kind of cat charity. Everything we do is founded on the belief that the more we understand about cats, the better we can help them. As one of the most respected cat charities in the world, we're using our knowledge and expertise to build a brighter future for millions of owned and unowned cats globally. Here are just some examples of the positive change we've already created:
- our team has trained thousands of vets, vet nurses, welfare volunteers and others to deliver higher quality cat care
- we've accredited over 1000 Cat Friendly Clinics around the world and they are setting new standards for feline veterinary care
- we've helped millions of owners to understand and give better care to their cats through our website advice, events, education and publications
Funding our work
We want as many people as possible to benefit from our knowledge and expertise and then use it to help more cats. Many of our services are therefore offered free or subsidised. To cover the costs we fundraise from a variety of sources. The generosity of our supporters is crucial. One-off donations, monthly donations and legacies are hugely welcomed because they keep us up and running and allow us to plan for the future.
You can see more about how we source and use our funds in the latest Annual Report.
How will my donation help cats?
Your donation supports activities that are saving lives, reducing suffering and improving the quality of life for more cats. For example....
- Campaigns - we're tackling ignorance and cruelty by taking on issues such as 'designer cat' health, cat safety risks and the plight of street cats around the world
- Innovations - working with international partners to find effective, humane contraception products with the potential to transform population management and the lives of street cats
- Training - creating top quality distance learning, webinars, on-line forum, journal and conferences for the veterinary sector, owners and others working with cats
- Advice - delivering accurate, up to date information via our website, webinars, magazine, press packs and publications
- Standards - setting standards for boarding catteries, accrediting cat friendly clinics, generating guidelines and promoting the adoption of good cat care around the world
- Knowledge - sharing information on new areas of feline health, safety, behaviour and nutrition to increase our understanding of cats
- Collaboration – many of our projects collaborate with other organisations or groups. Our International Declaration of Responsibilites to Cats emphasises this need because better care for cats often relies on more than one provider
Our expertise helps you to build stronger relationships with your own cat too. That's why we know that iCatCare is a charity your cat would want you to support!
Please donate today and make a difference for cats everywhere
There is so much to do and still far too much suffering out there, but with your help we are creating a better world for all cats everywhere. All donations of any size are always appreciated and will be put to work for cats. Please help if you can. And if you'd like to discuss a donation with our Development Director, she will be absolutely delighted to have a chat with you. You can contact her on email@example.com.