Feline charity, International Cat Care and CEVA, the global veterinary health company, have teamed up this year to launch a brand new welfare award.
The CEVA Animal Health Welfare Awards are in their third year of existence and were created to formally recognise volunteers, charity workers and veterinary professionals who have all demonstrated outstanding commitment to supporting and improving animal welfare globally.
The brand new International Volunteer Cat Welfare Award is open to anyone working internationally and not in paid employment by a charity.
The criteria for individual nomination for the award are:
- That they have provided voluntary help with a feline welfare project
- That in so-doing they have contributed to making a sustainable local change through, for example:
- Teaching, training and enabling local people
- Liaison and knowledge exchange with a local group or organisation
- That in so-doing they have contributed to improving feline welfare in one or more ways that may include, but is not limited to:
- Trap-neuter-return (TNR) work
- Public education
- Veterinary education
- Provision of veterinary services
Ceva Santé Animale is a global veterinary health company focused on the research, development, production and marketing of pharmaceutical products and vaccines for pets, livestock, swine and poultry. The bond between humans and animals forms an essential part of life and CEVA believes it should be embraced and reflected in science as well. CEVA aims to provide products and services that not only protect and improve the lives of animals, but ultimately the well-being of every person in the global community.
About International Cat Care
International Cat care has a vision that all cats, owned and unowned, are treated with care, compassion and understanding.
International Cat Care’s mission is to engage, educate and empower people throughout the world to improve the health and welfare of cats by sharing advice, training and passion
Claire Matthews T: (01903) 821550 E: email@example.com
Maria Boiling T: (01903) 821550 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors: