What is the ISFM National Partner network?
The ISFM National Partner (NP) network has been established to enable like-mined national veterinary cat groups to work collaboratively together, and with ISFM, and to provide a framework for the exchange and dissemination of information.
Any existing group of cat-interested veterinarians can affiliate to ISFM by joining as a National Partner, and share the benefits of being a part of this network. In many cases NPs are existing groups within a recognised national veterinary authority/organisation. However, this is not a requirement, and in other cases they are simply a collection of like-minded vets who have set up their own national feline group - all you need is a small number of enthusiastic and motivated feline-orientated vets!
What ISFM will provide for National Partners:
- Use of the ISFM National Partner (NP) logo
- ISFM bimonthly e-newsletter (including news and relevant current feline abstracts from journals) distributed to all members of NP organisations
- Inclusion of your group’s logo, with other NPs, on our regular (bimonthly) ISFM e-newsletter
- Details of your group in the section of our website dedicated to National Partners with:
- Links to your group’s website and/or
- Links to your group’s Facebook page
- Space in the Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery (JFMS) to place information about the group and in particular its activities (eg, meetings and conferences - information is needed at least 3 months in advance for this to appear in JFMS)
- Significantly reduced author fees for publishing in JFMS Open Reports - our new international Open Access sister journal to JFMS, dedicated to case reports and short communications
- Special offers and reduced rates for NP members attending ISFM congresses
- Ability to put an insert in ISFM congress delegate bags free of charge
What is required of National Partners?
To receive these benefits, National Partners need only do two things:
1. Share the names and email addresses of all its members with ISFM, so that:
- ISFM can send the bi-monthly e-newsletter to all NP members
- ISFM can send email voucher codes for conference discounts to NP members
NB: ISFM undertake to never pass on names and email addresses to any third party
2. Appoint a person from the NP organisation to act as a point of contact for ISFM, and who must also be an ISFM member
How to join the ISFM National Partner network
If you would like to join our ISFM NP network, please read through the brief details above, which outline the major responsibilities and benefits offered by ISFM and also the responsibilities of the affiliated organisation. ISFM will maintain regular contact with National Partners to facilitate exchange of information and to provide National Partners with further opportunities to partner with ISFM and to promote feline welfare on a national and global basis.
To join, simply submit your details online.