At the International Cat Care 2013 awards ceremony in London on September 6, the charity recognised contributions made by individuals and companies in improving the lives of cats in three categories:
ISFM Easy to Give Awards
Recognising the efforts of pharmaceutical companies in making prescription only medicines (POM) that are easy to administer to cats.
- Semintra (Boehringer Ingelheim), an angiotensin receptor blocker used in the treatment of chronic kidney disease
- Activvl (MSD Animal Health), a flea spot-on treatment
- Kesium Chewable Tablets (Alstoe Animal Health), a palatable form of amoxicillin/clavulanic acid
Cat Friendly Awards
Recognising non-POM products which have made a real difference to cat wellbeing and welfare.
- Feliway (Ceva)
- Hide, Perch and Go box (British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)
- Feline Fort (Cats Protection)
Recognising individuals’ outstanding contributions to the welfare of cats.
- David Yates RSPCA Greater Manchester Animal Hospital
- Melvyn Driver of MDC Exports