WorkCast webinar software
We've recently changed our webinar software provider so that we can show videos during our webinars.
We've received a few queries about the new software so we've put together a quick guide. If the information below does not answer your issue/query then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the webinar and the issue you are experiencing.
How it works
You will be emailed the registration link for each webinar and you can also access all of the registration links for upcoming webinars by logging into your members' portal:
- ISFM vet members
Once logged in, click on the documents tab and select 'ISFM Upcoming Webinars' from the documents folder
- ISFM nurse members
Each link will take you to a registration page where you can then fill out your details to register and you can also find out a bit more about the webinar and the speaker.
Once you have registered you will receive a confirmation email and you will then be sent email reminders 1 day and 1 hour before the webinar starts.
On the night of the webinar make sure you test your internet connection – you can do so here and you can also find the link in your registration and reminder emails.
Once the webinar has taken place you will be sent a link to the recording – we aim to send out the follow up emails the next morning, however, it can sometimes take a bit longer so please don't email asking for the recording unless it has been a few days. The recording will also always be put up on your members' portal so you can also access it there.
Don't worry if you miss the webinar!
If you have registered you will still receive a follow up email with a link to the recording or if you haven't registered just login to your members' portal and go to the webinar recording section where you can catch up.
If you are a vet, to access past webinar recordings, click on the 'documents tab' in the top left, then under 'document folders' click on 'ISFM Vet Webinar Recordings', then click 'go', and you can then click view next to the webinar you would like to watch.
To view the recording you will need to be registered for that webinar – if you have registered just enter the email you registered with and if you haven't just click the link to register.
To access your CPD certificate during the webinar, click on the resources tab in the top right of the screen:
and then click on CPD certificate:
You can also access your CPD certificate after the webinar by either clicking on the link in your follow up email or by logging into your members' portal and clicking on the webinar you need the certificate for. Again you will just need to click on the resources tab to access the CPD certificate.
Q. I have not received my registration confirmation email
A. Some email providers have a 'spam' or 'junk' folder. Unrecognised/unknown emails can sometimes be directed to this folder.
- If your confirmation email has not arrived within a day or two of registering check your spam/junk folder and if you still have not received it please email email@example.com, with the name of the event.
Your webinar experience will be affected by your local connection, if you are having issues watching the webinar, including not being able to see or hear the webinar or the video is buffering or stopping and starting, follow these steps:
1. Refresh the page
2. Make sure your internet is stable (eg, you're not on a train) – a poor internet connection is the most likely cause of a video that starts and stops and buffers frequently (you can test your internet connection here).
- For more information on issues with buffering or streaming – click here.
- An on-demand version of the event is always available later where you can allow the video to buffer and download prior to viewing.
3. Make sure that you are not using a work network (firewalls can sometimes block media streams)
4. Check that you have flash installed (iphones/androids/tablets don't need flash as they have a mobile stream).
5. Check which browser you are using. Some internet browsers work better than others so if you are using a browser that isn't friendly with flash such as Firefox or older versions of Internet Explorer try a different browser such as Google Chrome.
If you have any other questions about our new webinar software please email: firstname.lastname@example.org