Summer Internship, Conferences & Events
Full Time (35 hrs/week) during July and August 2019
Salary: National Living Wage (£8.21/hour)
We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Summer Intern to work with a small but extremely busy conference and events team at a mid-sized international membership organisation based in Tisbury. The team is currently working on forthcoming events in the UK, across Europe and Asia Pacific and this role is an exciting opportunity to gain varied experience in conference and events management.
As the chosen candidate, you will directly assist the Conference and Events Manager with all aspects of event administration including:
- Answering incoming calls to the department
- Handling communications with delegates including creating delegates’ receipts, creating attendee lists and compiling information
- Booking transport, travel and accommodation for staff attending conferences
- Supporting conference speakers to arrange their accommodation, biographies, photos and papers
- Working with the communications team to create marketing materials, compile conference proceedings and manage the conference app
The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude, excellent attention to detail, a professional manner and flexible approach. You will have the opportunity to work independently, but also as part of a team and enjoy supporting others as required.
You will also need a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ideally, you will also have experience of using Eventbrite and Adobe InDesign, though this is not essential.
This role is Full Time (35 hours/week) for a 6-8 week period over the summer (start and end timings are flexible). We will conduct rolling interviews until the vacancy is filled.