Terms and conditions for International Cat Day Competition 2023
This competition (the ‘Competition’) is subject to the following Terms and Conditions (‘Conditions’) and by entering the Competition you agree to be bound by them.
1. By entering the competition, you warrant to International Cat Care (‘iCatCare’) that all information submitted by you regarding yourself and your competition entry (‘Entry’) is true and accurate and complete in every respect. iCatCare reserves the right to verify any information provided in connection with your Entry.
2. All Entries must be received by 23:59pm (BST) on 18 June 2023 (‘Closing Date’).
3. The Competition is open to persons who are resident in the United Kingdom, and also to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom provided that they are able to enter the Competition without breaching any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
4. iCatCare shall be entitled to assume that the parents or guardians of any entrant who is less than 18 years old have consented to that person’s entry into the Competition. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to iCatCare’s satisfaction that their parent or guardian has given their consent to such entry.
5. iCatCare reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it believes that an entrant has breached any of the Conditions, any applicable law (including without limitation copyright law) or has infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Conditions may lead to iCatCare disqualifying that person, without iCatCare being required to give any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
6. Employees of iCatCare and any relatives or acquaintances living in the same household are not eligible to enter the Competition.
7. Entries will only be counted if they are submitted as part of the completed survey form.
8. iCatCare accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries which are submitted in hard copy form as well as electronic form.
9. Prize-winners will be selected and notified by 30 July 2023 at the latest, by email. Winning entries will be selected at random. Prizes include a custom pet portrait.
10. iCatCare accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed whether due to transmission errors, website malfunction, computer error or otherwise.
11. All Competition Entrants unconditionally agree to a small amount of personal information (name, country of residence and image of their pet) appearing in the International Cat Care newsletters, emails and other promotional material, as well as on the respective partners’ blogs, Facebook, Twitter and other forms of media.
12. By submitting an Entry in the Competition you grant to International Cat Care a non-exclusive royalty-free worldwide commercial licence unlimited in time, to use any images submitted in association with the winning Entry in all formats and in any medium of communication, and for all promotional purposes which International Cat Care shall consider appropriate. You represent and warrant to International Cat Care, with the intention that International Cat Care shall rely on such representation and warranty, that each of your Entries is original, and that you own each of them exclusively and have the right, without the permission of any other person or legal entity, to license to International Cat Care the rights in the Entry for all the purposes contemplated in these Conditions. The scope of the licence granted to International Cat Care in this paragraph 12 shall include your irrevocable permission to International Cat Care to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, and sell (your image may appear on materials we sell eg, cards, calendars, books etc) your Entry worldwide for such purposes as International Cat Care shall think fit without restriction.
Governing law and jurisdiction
14. These Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
15. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Conditions or their subject matter (including non-contractual disputes or claims).