Before choosing this course please see: ISFM Feline Nursing Courses: which course is best for me?
The ISFM Foundation Diploma in Feline Nursing is designed for qualified veterinary nurses and technicians.
This course offers an alternative route to the ISFM Diploma in Feline Nursing – ie. for those students have NOT completed the ISFM Certificate in Feline Medicine. Candidates will undertake two foundation modules which cover the essentials of the Certificate, before moving on to the six Diploma modules.
The eight modules are worked through over a period of 18 months.
The Foundation Diploma course is challenging but rewarding and will offer successful candidates the confidence to build their role within their practice. Nurses who successfully complete the course will obtain their ISFM Diploma and will be able to use the post-nominals ISFMDipFN.
The six Diploma modules covered include:
- Feline anaesthesia and analgesia: detailed information on pre-medication, induction, analgesia and maintenance of anaesthesia.
- Feline infectious disease: diagnosis, treatment and prevention of major viral, bacterial and protozoal diseases including the role of nurses in owner education.
- Non-infectious diseases: covering diseases of the major organ systems.
- Feline behavioural health and wellbeing: stress and the effect on clinical disease, behavioural problems and how to tackle them.
- Feline reproduction: normal reproductive anatomy and physiology, pregnancy and parturition, control of reproduction and congenital disease and neonatal care
- The feline expert veterinary nurse: running successful nursing clinics, the role of the nurse in feline life stage care and disease, how to run popular nursing clinics in your practice.
Who can complete the course?
The course is designed for qualified veterinary nurses and technicians.
When does the course start?
The next course will start on 9th April 2020.
Students must stick to the course deadlines as we will be unable to offer extensions. In extenuating circumstances, and at the discretion of the course director, we may consider deferral to the next cohort for a fee of £125 plus VAT. Places on the course can only be deferred for one year and on one occasion only.
How much does it cost?
Course cost is: £1,750.00
Please note that the course must be fully paid up before nurses start.
If your practice is a current ISFM Practice Member, there is a discount of £50 available. To claim your discount apply the code MBFNFD50 at the checkout. ISFM Practice Membership status will be verified before the course start date.
Please be aware that there will be no refund if the course is not started or completed unless there are extraordinary circumstances and this is at the discretion of International Cat Care.
How do I enrol?
To enrol for this course, click the ‘Enrol’ button below.
If you have any difficulty with the enrolment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Which course is best for me?
- Frequently asked questions
- CPD allocation
- Course prerequisites
- Course terms & conditions