This course is designed for veterinary receptionists.
It qualifies for 16 RAMA (SQP) points and is accredited by Vetpol for 5 hours CPD.
The course consists of 4 modules:
- Origins of cats – covering evolution and domestication to help you understand what makes a cat a cat
- Feline behaviour – understanding behavioural development, natural behaviours, how cats interact and feline stress
- Cats in the clinic – How the information you provide cat owners and the design of the reception/waiting room area impact the cats visit to the clinic
- Communication, ‘Cattitide’ and Cat Friendly Clinic – see things from a cat owners point of view, learn about the cat friendly clinic programme and finally put everything you have learnt on the course into practice!
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand the origins and natural behaviours of the cat
- Contribute towards the health and welfare of cats
- Be able to make the reception area more cat friendly
- Appreciate the cat as a species and its unique needs
- Understand client behaviours
- Have ‘Cattitude’!
This course contains content written by veterinary experts including Vicky Halls, Andy Sparkes, Sam Taylor and Sarah Ellis, and is delivered via the online learning platform ‘Brightspace’, with students working through the modules at their own pace. At the end of each module, there is a short assessment which you need to pass to move on to the next module. Students have 3 months from registration to complete the course, and on successful completion will receive a certificate and badge.
- Course cost: £80 (+VAT)
- 5 hours CPD
- 16 RAMA (SQP) points
- On-demand – course starts immediately after registration
- 3 months to complete the course from date of registration
- Payment online by card only (invoices are not available)
Course prerequisites and terms and conditions
You must check you have understood and you meet all advertised prerequisites for the course. Please also read the terms and conditions for our distance education courses.
If you have any difficulty with the enrolment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.