This online course is designed for veterinary surgeons and nurses/technicians (including students)
The course consists of six modules:
- Origins of cats – covering evolution and domestication to help you understand what makes a cat a cat
- Feline behaviour – understanding behavioural development, natural behaviours, how cats interact and feline stress
- The cat’s journey through the practice – a step by step walk through the clinic to make the cats journey as stress-free as possible
- Cat friendly handling – learn how to handle cats with the respect they deserve, from getting them out of the carrier to putting them back in
- Client communication – understand a cat owners point of view and help to improve owner compliance
- Cat friendly clinic – introducing the cat friendly clinic programme and how to put everything you have learnt on the course into practice
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand the origins and natural behaviours of the cat
- Have the knowledge to improve the health and welfare of cats
- Be able to provide the best environment for cats visiting the practice
- Appreciate the cat as a species and its unique needs
- Understand client behaviours
- Be the ideal person to be a ‘Cat Advocate’ in your practice
- Have ‘Cattitude’!
This course contains content written by veterinary experts including Vicky Halls, Andy Sparkes, Sam Taylor and Sarah Ellis, and is delivered via the online learning platform ‘Brightspace’, with students working through the modules at their own pace. At the end of each module, there is a short assessment which students need to pass to move on to the next module. Students have 3 months from registration to complete the course, and on successful completion will receive a certificate and badge.
- Course cost: £110 (+VAT)
- 9 hours CPD
- On-demand – courses start after registration
- 3 months to complete the course from date of registration
- Payment online by card only
- Invoices are not available
Course prerequisites and terms and conditions
You must check you have understood and you meet all advertised prerequisites for the course. Please also read the terms and conditions for our distance education courses.
If you have any difficulty with the enrolment process, please contact email@example.com.