What are Cat Cocktail Parties?
The Cat Cocktail Parties are a fun way for Internartional Cat Care supporters to raise funds for the charity in our 60th year.
Individuals can invite friends, family, colleagues or clients to enjoy cat-themed cocktails, at a fun feline event. Attendees will be asked to make a donation to International Cat Care which the party host will collect and pay to International Cat Care. This is also a great opportunity to celebrate cats with other individuals who appreciate them just as much as you do and want to see more progress in the welfare of all cats everywhere.
How to host a Cat Cocktail Party
The pack contains:
- Instructions/advice on how to host a cocktail party
- 9 cat-themed cocktail recipe cards
- 10 x invitations
- 1 x A4 poster
- Photo props (cat ears)
- Cat quiz and answer sheet and a prize for the winner (courtesy of ProtectaPet)
- Guest sign in sheet to help you register your attendees
- Donation envelope
All content can also be downloaded here.
We have adapted 9 cocktails – 9 for cats' nine lives – and given them a cat-theme. You can serve just one kind of cocktail at your event or a selection, the choice is yours! You can also choose to leave out the alcohol and follow the alcohol-free recipe instructions.
Here is a taster of what to expect...
Why it matters
The Cat Cocktail Parties are being launched as part of our 60th anniversary, celebrating 60 years of raising the standard of treatment and care provided to cats all over the world. We estimate that our work touches the lives of 25 million cats worldwide every year.
As a charity, we rely on donations. By holding a Cat Cocktail Party, you are raising vital funds for our worldwide work improving the lives of cats. Here are just some of the projects you will be helping us to carry out:
- The Cat Friendly Homing programme: we are developing best practice guidelines and free training tools for staff and volunteers in homing organisations, big or small, all over the world. This is to ensure that good feline welfare is at the heart of all homing efforts.
- The Cat Friendly Clinic programme: taking cats to visit a veterinary clinic can be very distressing, both for cats and owners. The Cat Friendly Clinic programme is designed to help address this by making clinics more cat-friendly, and so reducing the stress for cats, and consequently their owners.
- Educating veterinary professionals worldwide: our veterinary journal, featuring the latest research in feline medicine, as well as our distance education courses, educational events and free nurse journal and webinars, help vets and vet nurses all over the world to provide the best possible care for cats.
- Educating cat owners and cat professionals: we provide a large website and a free online magazine featuring articles on cat health, welfare and behaviour, and are developing new distance education courses, to help cat owners and those who work with cats to develop their cat expertise and give the cats in their care the best possible lives.