The International Society of Feline Medicine, in partnership with the Centre for Veterinary Education at the University of Sydney, and working with the Thai Society of Feline Practitioners, is delighted to be holding a three day congress in Thailand.
Taking place at the wonderful Le Méridien Phuket Beach Resort, the congress will explore the latest developments in feline medicine. Keynote speakers Carolyn O’Brien and Jessica Quimby will cover a range of current and challenging feline medicine topics, split into easily digestible 30–45 minute sessions. A number of local speakers complement the varied programme, which aims to offer plenty of practical hints and tips for delegates to take back and use in clinic.
All this science is balanced with plenty of opportunities to socialise, relax and explore the stunning beachside location. The main social event is a beach party on the opening evening of congress where delegates can unwind with a chilled drink, and a selection of local food, whilst watching the sun go down. Delegates also have Wednesday afternoon off to explore the area and soak up the stunning scenery and laid back atmosphere of Phuket.
All in all, the ISFM Congress offers great value CPD, in a superb location attended by a friendly, fun, feline group – make sure you join us there!
Ideally located in the southern tropics of Thailand, Phuket is a tropical gem renowned for its stunning beaches. However, Phuket is more than just a beach lover’s paradise – it is an island brimming with culture and local tradition and has a staggering 29 ornate temples and shrines, including the famous 45 metre high ‘Big Buddha’, occupying a wonderful viewpoint and visible across much of the island. Phuket is also becoming increasingly well known for its local cuisine with Phuket’s Old Town district recently named a ‘City of Gastronomy’ by UNESCO, where incredibly delicious southern Thai food and local Peranakan cuisine can be enjoyed.
The congress venue is the Le Méridien Phuket Beach Resort situated in a secluded cove on the south-western coast of Phuket. The resort boasts a brand new conference centre, a pristine beach with a full array of watersport facilities, 10 restaurants and bars, 2 large swimming pools, Le Spa, and an onsite discovery centre for children. In spite of its secluded location, the resort is just minutes away from the lively shopping and restaurant district of Patong, and is a wonderful base for exploring the rest of island.
Staying at Le Méridien Phuket Beach Resort
ISFM has secured special accommodation rates during the congress from 5600 (THB) per night (£130 approx)
To secure your room at the special rate please use this link
Phuket International Airport (HKT) is approximately 50 km/31 miles from the hotel.
Options for getting to the hotel from the airport include:
Taxi cabs operate at the airport and are located on the left-hand side as you exit
Fee: 1000 THB approx (1000 THB = £23 approx)
Travel Time: 45 minutes
Private car service
The hotel has an airport transfer service:
- Private Car: THB 1,400 (max 3 persons) per way
- Private Van: THB 1,900 (max 6 persons) per way
(1400 THB = £33 approx / 1900 THB £44 approx)
Please email the hotel with your flight details along with your preferred airport transfer.
For information on driving to the venue, please see our website
- From Phuket town, proceed to Katu District and to Patong Beach
- From the southern tip of Phuket, Promtep Cape, turn left
- Proceed along the East Coast Highway
- The resort is located next to Karon Beach on the left side
Approximately 25 minutes
From Phuket International Airport (HKT)
- Exit the airport, turn right and follow the signs towards Patong
- Pass the Heroine Monument roundabout and continue on the road
- Turn right on Bypass Road at the traffic light junction (a Toyota dealership will be on the right)
- Follow the road and turn right at the traffic light (Tesco Lotus will be on the left)
- Continue on the road and follow the signs to Patong
- From Patong, continue to Karon
- Continue on the road for 5 kilometres, the resort's signage will be on the left
- The entrance to the resort will be on the right
Approximately 40 minutes
From Patong Beach
- Drive along the Kata and Karon Beach route
- The resort will be on the right side
Approximately 5 minutes
- Pass Talang District and continue to Patong Beach
- The resort lies between Patong Beach and Karon Beach and is located in the southern part of the island
Approximately 45 minutes from the airport along Highway 4
The congress is more than just a chance to gain valuable feline CPD – it is the opportunity to have fun and relax with like-minded professionals in a fabulous location. With this in mind, we will be hosting a ‘Beach Party’ Welcome Reception, a free event kindly sponsored by Hill's and Idexx, where delegates can unwind with a chilled drink and local food on Le Méridien’s secluded cove. Delegates also have Wednesday afternoon off to explore the area, soak up the stunning scenery or simply chillout on one of Phuket’s beautiful beaches.
We have also put together a list of great places and reasons why you have to visit Phuket.